A few weeks ago, a friend on Facebook posted about discovering ground chicken. I made a face. I love chicken, but the visual of ground chicken made me want to throw up and eat it. I don’t know why I felt that way. Probably because raw chicken kind of grosses me out, so the thought of ground raw chicken furthered that feeling of gross-ness.
Yesterday I changed my opinion on ground chicken when I saw a recipe for cheddar jalapeno chicken burgers with guacamole. I made them tonight for dinner, and sweet baby Jesus they were amazing!
- One pound ground chicken breast
- One cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped and sautéed
- One fresh jalapeno, finally chopped without the seeds(unless you want to die)
- One tablespoon ground cumin
- One teaspoon salt
Easy as pie, mix all the shit together and form into patties. I recommend making them as flat as possible. The first one I grilled was too thick, and it took an annoyingly long time to cook all the way.
Now for my guacamole recipe! I get annoyed when I see guacamole recipes online, they are weak! Guacamole should be full of flavor!
- Three medium, ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- One tablespoon sour cream
- One teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- One teaspoon lemon pepper(this is KEY, believe me!)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Splash of lime juice
With a fork or potato masher(or whatever the fuck those things are called), mash the avocados in a bowl. Add onion, cilantro, sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, lemon pepper, cumin and lime juice. Mix together. I promise you will love this guacamole more than life itself.