I’ve learned a few things about baking and cooking the hard way. I’m going to share the tips & tricks I’ve learned along the way, so you don’t have to learn them the hard way!
- Always mix your dry and wet ingredients separately! If you’ve got the thought in your head that mixing all your ingredients in one bowl will save you time and dishes but achieve the same results, you’re so wrong! Mixing your dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls and then combining them together will ensure your recipe is going to come out the way it is supposed to.
- When sauteing vegetables, add a little olive oil to the butter. It will prevent it from burning.
- Always add a little sugar to a tomato-based pasta sauce. It cuts out some of the acidity and gives it nice flavor.
- If you’re baking a cake, cupcakes or muffins, never fill the cake tin or cupcake tin to the top. They should always be filled half way, or you will have battery mess all over your oven and you do not want that, trust me!
- When using silicone molds for baking, always place in on a cookie sheet.
- If you’re thinking of trying a new recipe for a holiday function or family get together, try it first BEFORE your big event.
- Making meatloaf or meatballs? It’s really important to know before-hand how it’s going to taste. Since I’m sure you don’t want to taste raw meat, heat up a frying pan and cook a little up for a taste-test.
- Always read your entire recipe through before beginning.
- Clean as you go!
Visit back for more tips & tricks!